The HSE has proposed downgrading South Tipperary General Hospital.
As a recent user of the excellent A&E for both myself and many family members, I am totally against this.
If our services are transferred to Waterford or Kilkenny, lives will be lost.
The HSE propose ceasing the following services:
- Accident and Emergency Services
- General Surgery Services
- Maternity Services - No more Tipp born children
- Gynaecology Services
- Paediatric / Children Services
- Coronary Care Unit
- Acute Psychiatric Unit (closure announced)
This is the main hospital for all of South Tipperary.
If these services cease, then A&E will be up to one hour away.
Not necessary, not sensible.
If, like me you disagree with this proposal, you can:
· Join the rally on Saturday 27th March.
Meet at South Tipperary General Hospital at 3pm and march to the Main Guard
· Sign the Petition supporting the retention of our Acute Hospital Services
· Text save to 086 0202247
· Ask your family, friends, employer, employees, trade union, clubs, community and voluntary organisations to object to this awful H.S.E. plan.
· Contact your T.D.s, Senators and Local Councilors.
Act now. Do not leave it too late.
Hope to see you on the march on Saturday, 3pm at South Tipp General Hospital.